Oculus Quest 2, the most popular VR, is available. It is a fantastic VR gadget that lets you experience many virtual-reality adventures. VR allows you to interact with a computer-generated virtual world that includes real-life products and events.
There are many issues when you first try Oculus quest 2. You may have to deal with minor issues such as black screen, files queued, not installing, or file queued.
We will show you how to fix the Black screen of Death in Oculus Quest 2. This can be done in just a few seconds. Keep reading.
What is Oculus Quest 2’s Black Screen of Death Error?
VR is generally fine for most users. However, some users may experience strange issues due to small bugs or glitches that are easily fixed.
Black Screen of Death is a black screen that’s glitched and where you can’t see any other than a black screen empty.
Causes of black screen in VR headsets
Screen Glitches, or black screen errors, are common with almost all VR headsets. However, some VR headsets may display hardware issues. The main causes of black screens are:
- Problem with headset cable connection
- Bad headset camera placement
- VR Not Detecting Headset
- Battery issues
- Updates to firmware that have been interrupted
How to fix Oculus Quest 2’s black screen
We have listed all possible fixes for the black screen. Please read the entire guide carefully to avoid any glitches in quest 2.
Running Oculus Quest 2 requires that the PC not save power.
Charge the headset. If the headset isn’t charged, you will see a blank screen. The headset should be connected to a USB charger. Allow it to charge for a while.
Your computer will turn off certain gadgets to save power. To ensure that Oculus Quest 2 runs smoothly, you must enable it in your windows settings. This is how to do it.
- Windows has an Open Device Manager
- Right click on the USB Host Controller Driver
- Click on Power Managemen, then go to Properties.
- To save energy , uncheck the
- To save your changes, click OK
Unplug the Oculus Qest 2 and plug it again
If you have any screen issues, unplug the VR headset and plug it in again.
- Take out the headset’s facial interface
- After unplugging your headset cable, wait a few seconds.
- In the headset, insert the cord and the facial interface again.
Turn off in-game overlay
You can turn off the overlay option in-game to fix any problem that is related to software or devices. This may help with screen issues in Oculus Quest VR headset.
- Start the GeForce experience on your computer.
- Click the gear icon at the top right corner.
- In the General settings, toggle the In-Game Overlay toggle on or off.
Disable Public Test Channel
Oculus Quest 2 can sometimes be unable to function properly if the Public Test channel was turned on. This setting must be disabled.
- First, go to Oculus Settings
- Move to the Beta tab.
- You can turn off the public test channel from there
Upgrading your PC Drivers
The screen display errors can also be caused by outdated drivers. Make sure you update your drivers using Device Manager.
- Search and open the Device Manager in Windows
- There is a dropdown menu for Display Drivers.
- Click on the desired driver.
- Click on “Update Driver”
- Next, click on S to automatically search for drivers.
Set the VR resolution
Your VR might not be able to render your screen because of high resolution. To resolve this issue, lower the resolution.
- First, remove the oculus quest 2 from your PC
- Go to the C.Program FilesOculus Location
- Continue reading Support -> Oculus-diagnostics
- Run OculusDebugTool.exe
- In Encode Resolution WIDTH, set 2784 value
- Restart your PC
Restart VR Software
To see if it can resolve the issue, you can simply Restart Oculus Quest 2.
- Just press and hold down the power button on the Oculus Quest headset to open the Shut-down Menu.
- Selecting the Restart option will cause your Oculus Quest to be automatically restarted.
This article was about fixing the oculus quest2 screen glitches and black screen. These are the easiest ways to fix any screen problems. You can also leave a comment below if you have other suggestions.